What’s a hook, you ask?
A hook can be different depending on your business type or your audience. Ultimately, your hook is something that attracts attention to your brand, your message or your products or services. Determining your hook (whether it’s your marketing mix, the message, the tactic, or the execution) is where Hula Fish comes in. We help our clients develop the strategy, messaging and hook new customers and existing customers by developing customized, creative marketing solutions to drive customer acquisition. We can also bring this way of thinking to your internal marketing initiatives by developing campaigns to motivate sales teams, launch new products or services or build strong communication between your company and your employees.
How you ask, do we do this? We get to know your business, understand your market's needs, wants, characteristics, habits and preferences. Then we'll find your hook through a process anchored in strategy, hard hitting messaging and kick-butt design.
Over the years, we've helped clients develop a variety of hooks. Here's a few ideas to get you thinking:
- Developed a points-based sales incentive program which consisted of program name/brand, brochure, website, direct mail, email and more for a well-known luxury watch dealer. The program not only drove sales but increased warranty registrations, strengthened product knowledge and provided a vehicle to promote specific and new products/strategies on an ongoing basis.
- Project management and scheduling consultant for heavy highway transportation projects needs assistance getting noticed at an industry trade show. We pitched the presentation to get our client accepted as a presenter, wrote and designed the PowerPoint, developed social media content to promote the event as well as developed the tradeshow booth signage (including the video highlighting their 4D services), handouts and giveaway to drive lead generation.
- National housing company that provided group accommodations for industry associations needed a way to assist salespeople in the sales process. We developed a food-based three dimensional B2B gifting campaign targeted at their top prospects providing program structure, gift selection, messaging, coordination with sales staff and execution.
- Government Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Supportive Services program needs to build awareness of their services amongst the DBE and Prime Contractor community. We developed direct mail, email and multiple rack cards and signage to be displayed where the contractors were picking up plans.
- B2B client was awarded national recognition of their services - we developed the press release, wrote the content to promote on their website and social media sites, as well as developed an email campaign to their existing database.
- Traveling art festival featuring 100+ contemporary american craft artisans needed promotional materials to support their quarterly festivals. Utilizing custom paintings from the artisans, we designed promotional materials to showcase and drive attendance.
- A consumer lifestyle products supporting healthy living came to us with one product idea. As agency of record we helped the company take an idea and grow to over 10 different product lines -- all supported by our brand development, packaging, ads, tradeshow signage, product development, online ads and more.
We hope this gives you a sampling of the ways we could possibly help you!
Remember, your hook can be many things. If you need a fresh look at your marketing challenge - give us a call. We'd love the opportunity to hear more about your business and provide our insight on how we can help.